Tuesday, July 3, 2012

better late than never...

this is a baby quilt that i made several months ago for a former co-worker...she had her baby girl in march, i haven't seen her since, but i've been holding onto this little gem. i decided that i need to clean out my sewing space and in doing so i sent this in the mail instead of hand delivering it...shame i know...but i didn't know when i would see them again and if it was in my sewing room it was doing the baby any good! so off it went and now i have one less item in my sewing space! hope they use it and enjoy it every day!

i used whimsy by fig tree for moda...i fell in love with these fabrics while i was in my local quilt shop one day. i wish i would have bought more of them, but at the time i didn't know what i was going to use them for and i really need fabric like i need another hole in my head! so i just got 1/2 yard cuts of 4 different fabrics, and i used every stinking inch of each one in this quilt! i love the back...one of my favorites so far.

the quilt is pretty small overall. if i remember correctly it is 28x40. it's all i could do with what i had!
thanks for stopping by!
ss

No comments:

Post a Comment